Thursday, July 19, 2007

Brock-o-Lee

Since moving out to Maryland, life as I knew it has completely changed.
Change is good though. I think I have started realizing several things about myself that I was blind to before. There are some things I definitely need to be doing differently. I am grateful for the opportunities we have, as members of the church, to become better each day.

I will tell you...I have been so homesick for Utah and all of my friends. Seeing people from home is what gets me through some of the hard days. My friend Antonio lives in Alexandria, VA and he and I have hung out a few times. It's always so wonderful to see a familiar face! Jason and Sara were out here and it was a pleasure seeing them, as well. Two guys in my ward were in one of my previous wards in Provo, also -- one of them was coincidentally my home teacher (back in Provo.) I learned that another friend from a Provo ward is in Antonio's current ward, and another friend from my last ward in Provo is moving into my current ward in September for an internship.

Small world, huh?

As I type this, my friend Brock is on a plane flying out to Washington DC. One of his friends is getting married on Friday, and he came out for the special occasion. I am very much looking forward to hanging out with him on Saturday! Brock is one of the most upstanding guys I know, and he is so much fun to joke around with. Back in the day, he helped me pull a pretty elaborate prank on some people in our ward. :) That was one for the history books, I tell ya!

I really love my friends. All of them. There are so many friends of mine who are more like family, that calling them my "friends" almost doesn't seem to be sufficient. I have a few guy friends who I refer to as "my brothers." Some people even believe that a few of them really ARE my brothers. :) When I used to introduce Mark to people as "my brother Mark," we would often get the response, "Yeah I can totally see the family resemblance." :) We always got a good chuckle out of that.

To all of my friends (old and new) reading this, I hope you know how much I care about you, even if I don't always know the right ways to say it.

With Love from DC...

Sarahlee

No comments: