Thursday, July 26, 2007

Reality TV is in reality, a waste of time!

Sometimes, after a long day of taking care of screaming children, I like to wind down the evening by chatting online with friends, watching tv or taking bubble baths. Recently, I have seen some commercials for new reality TV shows that make.....ha ha....how ironic, one just came on as I was typing this... Anyway, as I was saying.... these shows make me want to puke! Do I REALLY care that Corey Haim and Corey Feldman are reuniting after a zillion years? I can honestly say that I don't. Watching a recovering drug addict disrespecting his old friend's wife isn't my cup of tea. Do I REALLY care that Scott Baio is 45 and single and some network finds it interesting enough to put on the air? Am I going to watch it? NOPE! It's bad enough that they stick a bunch of whining, drop dead gorgeous strangers into a house together and tape their lives in the "real world," -- because, HOW REAL or likely is THAT situation?? Do people getting "voted off the island" or "kicked out of the house" spike interest with any of you? I must say that the quality of shows on television has been rapidly deteriorating, and these new shows are no exception.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Bethy said...

amen!! I really don't find TV useful anymore unless I am watching the History channel or the Food Network. Books are so much better.