Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Obsessive Personality

I admit it, I'm a bit obsessive. I can't really help it, that's just my personality. One week I'll be completely obsessed with a certain song and I'll basically keep it on repeat. The next week it will be a particular movie, or band, or hobby, etc. When I first moved back to Utah, it was "Simple Plan" (The band, not the movie.) Then it was photography (often times I revert back to photography, actually.)

Lately, my fascination is a bit....hmm...darker? Maybe 'darker' isn't the right word to describe it, maybe 'unlikely' or 'unexplainable' would work better...

[Are you curious yet?]

*drum roll please*...

My new obsession is............Scott Peterson!

And by Scott Peterson, I mean THE Scott Peterson. The Scott Peterson convicted of murdering his wife Laci and unborn son, Conner. The Scott Peterson on death row at San Quentin Prison, awaiting death by lethal injection. The Scott Peterson that I was SO SURE WAS GUILTY when the search for Laci & Conner was going on, and all throughout the trial.

And now? Now part of me believes he's innocent. Or could be innocent, at least.

I am currently reading a book by Catherine Crier (a Court TV Host) called "A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation" -- A book where she clearly makes her opinion of his guilt very evident. However, there are several things in this book that make me DOUBT his guilt! So many leads that weren't taken seriously, so many sightings of Laci by neighbors the morning she disappeared that were counted out, other pregnant women in the area who were abducted and murdered and dumped in the San Francisco Bay with the same mutilations within rougly the same time frame ---- NONE of these things point to Scott as the abducter/killer!! It seems to me the police were only FOCUSED on Scott, therefore didn't WANT to persue any other leads because, in their minds, they "had their man."

I sent Scott a letter yesterday. Yes, you read that right. I sent him a letter. I don't think he'll respond because he's previously had people write to him, only to exploit his responses, and in the aftermath, he decided that responding was probably not a good idea anymore. But I still hope he does respond, despite all of that.

Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible for Laci and her family! No one should have to go through that kind of agony and senseless loss -- but I also don't think if Scott is innocent that he should be the one paying for the crime, certainly not with his life.

So. Any thoughts on all of this? Do you think he's guilty or innocent?

1 comment:

A Voice of Sanity said...

And now? Now part of me believes he's innocent. Or could be innocent, at least.

To see why you are correct, go look at
Guilty?
to see what the prosecution had - which was nonsense.
Then look at
Innocent!
to see what the real circumstantial evidence in this case actually proved. 18 items of evidence for fetal abduction. Zero for uxoricide.