Monday, December 24, 2007

Holiday Baking

Today I spent several hours in the kitchen baking desserts to bring to Christmas dinner tomorrow. I was invited to a family in the ward's house and I offered to bring dessert. The mother of the household will also be making dessert, so, unsure of what to bring, I decided to make LOTS of things and bring a variety... Here's what I made:


Fudge squares



"Cakies" -- A cookie that Brennan taught me how to make using cake mix. (Thus, Cake + Cookies = Cakies)



Magic Cookie Bars



Turtle Temptations


Hopefully there will be something for everyone to enjoy.

(Oh, in addition to these, I also made another version of the turtle tempations that doesn't have the walnuts on it, and I made a different type crust because one of the missionaries is allergic to nuts and i wanted to accomodate to that. The original crust was made of crushed pecans.)

Baking is a tradition of mine during the holidays. My grandmother and I used to do it every year since as far back as I can remember.

Are there any holiday traditions that YOU do? :)

No comments: