Saturday, December 1, 2007

My 8 Year Anniversary




Today marks the day I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints eight years ago. Lately I have been reflecting on my life since that blessed event. I am definately not where I thought I would be, in many ways.

Two nights ago, the Elders in my area called to ask if I would like to go with them when they taught a discussion to an investigator. I cleared it with my boss and later met them at the chapel not far from my house.

As I sat there listening to the missionaries speak, reading scriptures with them, I was taken back in my mind to the days when I was the eager investigator discovering the church. What tender memories those are!!

Last night I went with the Elders (in seperate cars, don't panic) to the Washington DC Temple grounds for a concert in the visitors center. Marvin Goldstein, reknowned LDS pianist and convert, was playing a medly of Christmas songs to kick off the "Festival of Lights" held on temple grounds. He played traditional Christmas songs, with a beautiful twist of course, and ended by playing the Primary song, "I Am a Child of God." It was incredible!

After the concert, the Elders and I took some pictures outside. I told them I'd snap a few of them and develop them so they could send them home to their families, etc.

In observance of my baptismal anniversary, I just thought I'd share a picture of the Temple. Enjoy.

No comments: