Sunday, December 16, 2007

Letters



I love writing letters.

I have loved writing letters for as long as I can remember. I always loved it when my friends would go on missions because it gave me yet another person to send a letter to. I had saved every letter I'd ever recieved from my friends on their missions, but unfortunately, they were amongst the items that I couldn't fit into my car when I moved out to Maryland. The family that was "holding" my stuff said it was no problem at all, and they would send my things to me as soon as I sent them some money. All well and good, except they didn't save my things. They threw them away. Bye, bye, years of irreplaceable letters and amazing mission stories....

Luckily, I had another small shoebox that had all the letters from my friend David's mission, and I was able to fit that in my car.

Oh, another thing that got thrown away when they trashed (literally) my stuff was my baptismal certificate...That would have been nice to have...And my old journals, wish I still had those. Oh, and some of the things that my friend Brennan (who died) gave me, yeah, those things would be nice to have back, too...

*sarah takes a few deep breaths to compose herself*

Back to the point... Wait, is there a point?

Anyway. I love letters. I'm currently writing to 5 or 6 people. There's something about recieving actual mail (as opposed to e-mail) that puts a smile on my face. :)

Now that I think about it, I guess this blog really has no point. I just wanted to have a new post up. :)

No comments: