Friday, October 12, 2007

Embarrassing Moments by Sarah

Last night as I was laying in my bed, unable to sleep, my mind pondered all of the embarrassing moments I've had in my life. Of course, at the time these things happened I was mortified, but now I am able to look back and laugh (and blog) about them. These are listed in no particular order.



E.M. #1:

My friend Anna and I were hanging out one day and decided to go to the mall. Me, being the natural flirt that I am, saw an extremely attractive guy walking out of the mall just as we were about to walk in. I told Anna I was gonna say something to him. As we headed towards the double doors, I turned my face toward him and said, "You've got beautiful eyes!" He smiled and said "Thank you," and I'm sure it was at that exact moment when I turned my head back toward the doorway, only to run into the beam in the middle of the double doors, thus causing me to get an immediate black eye. Nice job, self....No style points for you on that one!



E.M. #2:

I used to work at the front desk of a resort in Minnesota. All employees were allowed to go golfing for free and bring one other person with them. I was friends with people at the pro shop, so they would occasionally let me go with two people, or let two people go in place of me and a friend. I wasn't the biggest fan of golf, but I knew the Missionaries (Elders) in the area WERE. Sometimes on preparation day they would take a few hours to go golfing. One evening, the night before they planned to come to the resort for said activity, they called me (while I was working) to verify their tee-time and all that jazz. While I was on the phone with one of the elders, another phone rang. I put the elders on hold and I picked up the other line. My friend Becky had called to chat. I excitedly told her I was talking to the missionary that I had a crush on, and mentioned to her that he was a pro-surfer and really good looking. Becky and I hung up and I went to pick up the line that the Elder was "holding" on.... I am sure you can guess where this story is headed. And you're right. I apparently didn't press the "HOLD" button completely because he had heard everything I just told Becky. He called me out on it to! I was mortified! HA HA HA, but he and I got along GREAT, so thankfully there wasn't too much awkwardness. He even visited me in Utah after his mission was over!



E.M. #3:

This actually happened to me on several occasions, but instead of listing each time individually, I'm going to lump them into one general "moment." Often times I would be texting with a guy I've got a crush on AND one of my best female friends at the same time (telling her about texting with my crush, etc.) Apparently my brain gets jambled because COUNTLESS TIMES I have sent a text ABOUT the guy I'm crushing on TO THE GUY, instead of to my friend! I used to do that with a guy named Jonathan (aka "Hot Jonathan") and my friend Lisa alllll the time! I wanted to DIE each time! Ha ha ha! Oh, even WORSE, one time I was in a room with my friend Lisa and her roommate and this really obnoxious guy Austin. I sent Lisa a text that said, "Oh my gosh, does he EVER shut up?" and then I heard Austin's phone beep.... *OH NO, PLEASE TELL ME I DIDN'T JUST DO THAT!* I quickly checked my phone -- oh YES, I DID just do that! I sent the text to AUSTIN, instead of LISA! I felt about a foot tall.


E.M. #4

This one happened this past January. I was working at the Marriott in Provo and we were having our yearly holiday party. Everyone gets a ticket when they enter the party and they have a drawing for prizes later in the evening. Everyone around me was winning really cool stuff; big TVs, Keyboards, Digital Cameras, Free nights at hotels in Park City, etc. When my number was called, I won a DUFFEL BAG. As spoiled as this sounds, I was a bit disappointed. There aren't enough prizes for everyone every year (which is SO dumb) and the year before I hadn't won anything, so suffice it to say, I was bummed when I only won a duffel bag. When I went up to "claim my prize" I meant to say something like, "Oh great, just what I need! To be able to bring even more of my crap with me to work!" (Because people always teased me about having everything under the SUN in my satchel -- for example, one day someone's shirt was sticking to them and I happened to have Static Guard in my bottomless-pit of a bag...) What actually came out of my mouth was, "Oh great, just what I need... More crap!" I realized what I said had come out completely wrong and tried to fix it, but how do you back peddle out of something like that gracefully? HA HA HA...


E.M. #5

This is a picture of the resort I previously mentioned. The building you see is the convention center, where I worked at the front desk. The sky-walk leads to the recreation center, dining room, and several guest rooms. I remember the first year that the Minnesota Wild hockey team (my favorite NHL team) and their farm team, the Houston Aeros (AHL) stayed at the resort and I got to check in so many of the good looking men I had watched play during the season. The guys were all staying over in the rooms that attach to the sky-walk. Some of the girls and I had been drooling over the hotties previously in the day, and decided to walk over to the Rec Center after we got off work. When we walked in on the ground level, all of them were standing in their boxers on the balcony above us. They all stopped conversation and stared at us. Some of them said "hi!" but it was one of those "OMG, this is embarrassing" moments, so we walked back out and stood outside the door talking. I had said something like, "Willie Mitchell is SO HOT!" and then suddenly, I heard a man's voice from above me say "Well then why don't you come up here and hang out with me?" I looked up at the sky-walk, where the voice had come from...Yeahhh, it was Willie! He was listening to our conversation through the open window. It was hilarious, yet I'm sure I turned bright red! He turned out to be a really cool guy, as did the others we met. I sure do have a bad habit of opening my mouth at the wrong time! Ha, ha!


Well, that's enough embarrassing moments for now. If I think of any other good ones, I'll be sure to post.

3 comments:

Bethy said...

I love these!! And I love how you embarrass yourself with what you say, because you LOOOVE to embarrass your friends as well.

love you missy

SarahLee said...

well, if nothing else, it makes a great story for later...much, MUCH later... :)

Treat Queen said...

That last one is really good!