Thursday, October 25, 2007

Things that people do that BUG ME...

Lately I've noticed how rude people are and how absolutely inconsiderate they are of others around them.

A few examples:

The other day I was at Target purchasing the box set of season 3 of the NBC television show, "Medium." As I was walking down the aisle of the 2nd floor, the glass wall to the escalator was immediately to my right. Coming towards me were a man and a woman, who appeared to be together. When they got close to me, did they move further to their right (as to avoid running right into me) so that I could still have room to walk (since, clearly, the wall was next to me, and I was not in a position to move any further to the right to be out of their way, unless i had gone to the complete opposite side of the aisle, which was maybe 6 feet away and would have been completely awkward, when all they had to do was move 1 foot.) -- OH NO. They didn't move. I was forced to stand STILL and turn my left shoulder back, almost putting me sideways, so that we wouldn't collide as they walked by. How rude! When I am clearly about to interfere with the path someone is walking, without thinking, I move to the direction that would easily avoid the "collision." After that incident, I paid closer attention to people that I had similar situations with, and it seems as though everyone expected ME to do the moving, even though I was not always in the position to do so. Again, I was walking down the sidewalk, closest to the curb/road, and a few people were walking towards me. When they got close, they didn't move, but continued to take up the whole sidewalk (Jerks.) Therefore, ONCE AGAIN, I was forced to move. This time, I had to step into the street for a few steps to avoid running in to anyone. It is to the point where I'm so annoyed with people like this that I am often tempted to just run into them, as that is clearly what would happen if *I* was one of those people who just expected THEM to move.... Grrr...

Also... It was raining today. In fact, it has been raining for a few days. I love observing the habits of people on these days; especially people who are driving. What irks me is that when a pedestrian is outside standing IN THE RAIN and no cars will stop to let them cross the street, or cross into the parking lot. It's even worse if they are standing there without an umbrella. I know that when *I* am that pedestrian, I get so annoyed with the people who are warm and dry, driving past in their heated cars while I am freezing and getting soaked in the rain. Therefore, when I am the driver, I am always extra aware of the pedestrians, and I slow down/stop to let them get to wherever it is they may be headed. Am I the only one who does that? I guess I know how much it sucks to be a pedestrian sometimes.

Well that's enough of my people-bashing for now. Ha ha... If I think of anything else that people (in general) do that bugs me, I'll be sure to post. :)

2 comments:

doubleyou said...

i'm with you when the drivers are evil to the soaking wet pedestrians (aka peddies). from my car window, i want to throw them an umbrella, ella, ella.. <3
whitney

Bethy said...

love it.

vent more please.