Sunday, November 4, 2007

4 Way Stops, Round-abouts and East Coast drivers...Oh my!

People in Maryland simply can NOT drive.
They cannot master the concept of simple things, such as 4 way stops and round-abouts. Personally, I find these two road designs tend to make driving easier and less of a hassle... That is, unless you live in Maryland.
In Utah, generally people do just fine with things like this, but out here people just do not grasp the concept. For example...There are both round-abouts and 4-way-stops near my house, and people will pull up the 4 way, the person in front of them will go (which means it's the perpendicular person's turn to go) and instead of letting the appropriate persons drive through the stop, they just continue to follow the person in front of them, which of course causes mini "traffic jams" in the middle of the stop, and people confused about whose turn it is...Not that anyone follows the rules for "taking turns."

Ugh. Someone needs to teach a class about the rules of driving. And, said class should be mandatory to attend if you've ever driven around me and annoyed me with your poor driving example.

:)

2 comments:

Bethy said...

Utah drivers may not have a problem with round abouts and 4 way stops.... but they don't signal at all!!

Miss you, love you.

Don said...

So do you miss Utah drivers, yet? Personally, I think that the driver's test is way too easy. I passed my blindfolded.