Monday, February 25, 2008

02.25.08

While the city lays sleeping
I stare out onto the bay
There's so much I want to tell you
But I don't know what to say.

I keep thinking about last summer
And all the nights we slept under the stars
It always felt so natural
To wake up in your arms.

To hear you say 'sweet dreams'
and whisper 'good morning' too
I'd give anything right now
To be laying next to you.

I'm not sure what happened
Don't know where we fell apart
But no matter where I've traveled
I've kept you in my heart.

You don't have to say you've missed me
But it sure would be nice to hear
Because without you by my side
It has been a long and lonely year.

I need to see your face
And look into your dark brown eyes
When I tell you I still love you
and want to give it one more try.

I know I've made mistakes
and I'll probably make a thousand more,
But these things I know are true
You're all I want and more...
It's you that I adore...
You're worth fighting for...

No comments: