Monday, February 25, 2008

The Marvelous Marriott

You know, it's a dang good thing I work at a hotel.

Yesterday while I was at work, the snow started coming down pretty hard up here in Park City. I-80 was temporarily closed. I was working until 5 PM but because of the unfavorable weather, ended up working until about 6:30. Since I had to be back here this morning at 7:30 and was uncertain about how the road conditions would be (seeing as though the road had already been closed once,) I stayed overnight at the hotel. For free.

I love Marriott!

I got the best nights sleep I've had in awhile and I was on-time for work this morning, without having to deal with slushy and slippery canyon roads.

I really enjoy working here; my co-workers are all hilarious! Even my managers are cool and they'll joke around with the best of 'em.

Yet, as much as I enjoy my job, I'm still really crabby today... I think I just want to go home and change clothes and lay in bed and watch a movie and eat a real meal for a change. Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

Bethy said...

don't be crabby!!! eat some chocolate or kiss a lot... both of those will help. :)
it is a dang good thing you work at the Marriott