Saturday, February 9, 2008

2,000 Miles, 9 States and 4 Days Later....

I finally made it back to Utah! It was a long trip, but a trip I was glad to take! I haven't done much or seen many people since I've been back because I've been busy trying to get my life organized again, meaning finding a job and a place to live.

Well, I got the job part kind of figured out... I got hired at the Summit-Watch Marriott in Park City and will be working at the front desk. I start tomorrow. It doesn't pay enough for what I really need, but A JOB is better than NO JOB. So, until I can find an additional job or a new job all-together, this will have to do.

As far as the living situation goes, I will be moving into my "new" apartment this afternoon. When I say "new," I only mean "new to me." The place itself is totally ghetto! It's a basement apartment and the ceilings are pretty low -- however, my room is pretty big and I have a lot of closet space, so all-in-all, it's not THAT BAD... Plus, it's right off of Parley's Way on I-80 in SugarHouse, so it's close to the canyon and will make my commute to Park City more convenient. Unfortunately, many of my things are still in Maryland. My boss won't be back to her house for a month, so until she sends them to me, I am stuck without and don't have lots of extra money laying around to replace things before then. Kinda a bum deal.

Tonight is the John Allred CD release at Solid Ground Cafe!! Benton Paul is opening, along with a few other performers. Kellie and I are going, and I hoping my friend Kelsey will go, as well! It is sure to be an amazing show!

My computer is finally fixed!!!! It died over a week ago and it wouldn't even load to Windows when I turned it on. Luckily, my friend Ryan was able to fix it for me! Now I can stay a little bit better connected and in-touch with friends! :)

This blog isn't very entertaining, and I'm sorry about that....I guess it's just more of an informational blog. So there. Now you're caught up on the life and times of Sarah. :)

I'll post something interesting soon.

No comments: