Friday, June 15, 2007

Peace on Earth


When I lived in Provo, it was frequently THIS bench I would go to when I needed someplace to sit and think. When I wanted to sort things out in my head, or if I just wanted to get out of the apartment and find a peaceful spot to write in my journal, I would go there. Sometimes I would lay beneath the trees, enjoying the shade on hot summer days. Sometimes I would sit on the bench at night and enjoy the scenic view of the stars and the moon over Rock Canyon, lighting up the stunning peaks. Sometimes one of my old roommates and I would go at night and sit facing the "bowl" on the back side of the hill, singing our favorite hymns & listening to the great acoustics that nature provided for us.

I love Dove milk chocolate, and on the inside of the wrappers are cute little "promises" (messages/quotes) and one I have seen time and time again is, "Go to your special place." Every time I read that, I thought of this park.

I believe every one needs a place to go and get away from the stress of day-to-day life now and then.

This was mine.

No comments: