Sunday, June 10, 2007

Taxation Without Representation






Yesterday I went into the heart of Washington D.C. with a friend and did the touristy thing. We saw the White House, the Washington Monument, the federal reserve building, tons of statues placed around the city, the capital, etc. We are going back to see the rest of the sights when our friends (Sara and Petey) come at the end of the month.

During our multi-hour walk around the city, I made sure to stop and take pictures of my CHACOS in front of everything I thought would be considered a "landmark." :) My Chaco tan line is getting more defined each day. :) This pleases me...

After we left D.C., we headed towards Alexandria, Virginia so Antonio could give me the tour of old town Alexandria (which, by the way, is so quaint and picturesque!) Before we went to dinner we stopped at this cute area that runs along the Potomac River. There were all kinds of street performers and live bands playing, along with a great breeze rolling in off of the river. It was a beautiful night! There were several incredibly gorgeous yachts lining the docks, and even old-school riverboats. I'll see if I took any pictures. If any of you make it out here for a visit, we will definitely have to go there - it's a must-see! :) Plus, it's like mini-Georgetown, in terms of having every restaurant style you can imagine...Except, it's better priced and a little bit less crowded!

Church was ... OKAY ... today. Sacrament was good, but in both Sunday School AND Relief Society, I got stuck sitting next to people who wouldn't stop talking, taking pictures with their phones, or playing the equilavent of a cross-word puzzle, except with numbers... It was ridiculous. I wanted to turn to these people and tell them they CLEARLY had other things they would rather be doing or talking about and that they should go home. However, I bit my tongue and kept quiet.

I'm sorry people, but there's a time and a place for things like that, and CHURCH just isn't either.

Shaun asked me to go to dinner again sometime this week, so that will be a nice little escape from what I refer to as "my life." :) Sometimes it's the little things that can make the biggest difference. Thank God for small favors, I guess. :)

1 comment:

Bethy said...

Yeah for a date with Antonio... I am glad you have good people out there to associate with.
As for church... sit in the front parts of the room, then you are guarenteed to be around people who actually want to be at church. Love you Sarah Lee.