Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Time & a Place for Everything

The infamous "THEY" say that there's a time and a place for everything.

Well...

They are right.

This past weekend I, out of my own free well, locked myself inside my house. It was wonderful! No kids, no messes, no stomping footsteps waking me up. :) Almost like a bit of magic!

I stayed up late twice.
I slept in late twice.
I read a great book by my favorite author.
I ordered delicious food.
I took long, LONG relaxing baths.
I didn't put on makeup.
I didn't wear my contacts.
I sat by the fire. (Yes, the central air in the house makes it THAT cold at night!)
I worked on my Chaco tan line.
I talked with friends for hours.
I read a talk from "The Ensign"
I watched two "scary" movies, that actually didn't scare me at all.
I enjoyed every second.


After a long, busy, stressful week that was go go go go go, a weekend of pampering and aromatherapy was exactly what I needed to rejuvenate myself for the week ahead.

And I'm glad I did it.

You should try it sometime. :) You'll be amazed at what a difference it can make.

1 comment:

Bethy said...

You deserve it girl. We need to chat sometime.